The Governor of Borno State, Prof. Babagana Zulum suffered an attack on Thursday, September 5, as gunmen suspected to be Boko Haram insurgents opened fire on his convoy. The Borno Governor's convoy was attacked in Konduga by 9pm while returning from a trip to Bama Local Government Area. Zulum had visited Bayo, Kwaya Kusar, Askira... Continue Reading →
BOKO HARAM CUT WOMEN’S EARS OFF IN CAMEROON (PHOTO)
Boko Haram insurgents reportedly attacked the Kalagari community, a border village in northern Cameroon near Nigeria and did the unthinkable to the women's ears in the village Reports have it that members of the deadly sect sliced off the ears of women, who apparently had been helping by passing information to the Cameroonian and Multinational... Continue Reading →
CLEARANCE OPERATIONS: TROOPS RESCUE 42 WOMEN, 51 CHILDREN, 2 MEN
Troops have rescued 42 women, 51 men and two children used by Boko Haram terrorists as labourer on farm in different clearance operations in Borno. Col. Sagir Musa, the Acting Director Army Public Relations, confirmed this in a statement, adding that three terrorists were neutralised in the operation. According to him, 24 of the children... Continue Reading →
KIDNAPPED FEMALE CORPS MEMBER RELEASED FROM BOKO HARAM
A female corps member kidnapped early this year by the Boko Haram has been released from the insurgents’ captivity. Halima Umar, a serving National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) member was abducted around Gwoza in the south eastern part of Borno early in January by Boko Haram, the military said. She was rescued after days of... Continue Reading →
30 DEAD, 42 INJURED AFTER SUICIDE BOMBERS ATTACK VIEWING CENTER IN BORNO
30 persons have been confirmed dead while 42 others have been seriously injured in a multiple bomb blasts that rocked a Borno village on Sunday night. A statement signed by the Director of Search and Rescue Operation, Borno State Emergency Management Agency, Usman Kachalla, says the bomb blast incident occurred at Mandarari village in Konduga... Continue Reading →
NAF neutralises Boko Haram insurgents in Sambisa Forest
Nigerian Air Force says its Air Task Force (ATF) of “Operation Lafiya Dole” has destroyed some vehicles and neutralised some Boko Haram Terrorists at a suspected workshop in Sambisa Forest. The NAF Director of Public Relations and Information, Air Commodore Ibikunle Daramola, made this known in a statement on Thursday in Abuja, saying the operation... Continue Reading →
